Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lady Bug Birthday Invitations and birthday cards!!!

Hey happy sunday everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did it was busy but a lot of fun.I did a lot of scrapbooking that I needed to get done and my brother came to visit for the day from las vegas. We also had a family reunion and of course today church. So here are a few projects I did this weekend. First are some little lady bug birthday invitations that I made for my friend at work LuAnn's granddaughter Bella!!! We saw the idea online and I decided that even though I didnt have a cartridge to do them that I could use one of my other cartridges and my gypsy and do them. So I used my serenade cartridge that had a circle but you could probably use any other one you have with a circle. I took different sized circles and place one to over lap the other and welded them together then I cut a large red one the size of my bottom black one for the lady bug body and cut it in half to make the wings. I then put a brad through the wings and body so that they would move. then cut lots of tiny ones for the spots this is how they turned out.


This next project I did was for my friend Jazmin she is having her baby on monday. Its a boy so I made a cute congrats card for her. I used my create- a - critter cartridge finally!!!! I had been waiting all week to finally try it out. I cut the monkey and vine out at 3.5 inch. I cut the banana out at 1 inch. I used zig two way glue to put the monkey together and my atg gun to tape him to the card. The card is cut out at 10x5. I folded it in half and put a cut ribbon around the top. I also used my new martha stewart corner rounder to round the corners on the card.



The next two projects are birthday cards one for my aunt Lisa and the other is for my cousin Devin. On my aunt Lisa's card I decided to use create-a-critter cartridge. I am just loving this cartridge they are simple layered projects but really pop and are so cute. I cut the owl at 4 inch. I put it together with zig two way glue. Next i cut  the pink card stock at 7x6 1/2 and the k&company meadow&breeze paper a quarter of an inch smaller on each side. I used my atg gun to tape the two together and used pop dots to put the owl on. I then used my martha stewart corner rounder on the corners. I was simple and way cute.


Ok so now for Devins card this turned out way cute but was probably one of the hardest cards I have made the Mr. Incredible was just so detailed and had very small cut outs. I cut him at 4 inchs and used zig two way glue to put him together. Then I cut a little blue card stock at 10 x 5 inchs and folded it in half the next layer with the star paper I cut a quarter inch smaller on each side. I cut the red at 5x1 inch. I then used my atg gun to tape all the layers together and lots of small pop dots to put Mr. incredible on. This is one of my favorite cards and if you are good with small cut outs you should try this card.



Last but not least I made this simple thank you card for my mom. She got me some really cute new shoes and she is in love with shoes that is where I got it. I cut the purple at 10x 5  the green a quarter inch smaller and the shoe paper a half inch smaller. I ran the green through my cuttlebug and used my atg gun to tape them all together and put the ribbon on as well. I then cut the shoe from the gypsy wanderings at 3 inchs and used a pop dot to put it on the card. She loved it and it was very simple.




Well that is all of it. I had a great weekend doing all of these projects. I hope you enjoy them and enjoy your sunday!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment