Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Best Meatloaf Ever!!!

I made the best meatloaf last night and I had to share. If your like me whenever I am looking for a recipe I love pictures. So I feel bad now that I didnt take a picture but I promise I will next time. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com I think but I changed it a bit.
BBQ bacon cheddar meatloaf
1lb. Ground beef ( I used elk)
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. of each seasoning salt,oregano,and garlic powder
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
4-5 strips of bacon
Mix all together except for bacon and form a loaf and then place 4-5 slices of bacon on top bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.( if you do use elk bake for about 50 min. It bakes faster because it is so lean.)
next mix
5 tablespoons bbq sauce( I love sweet baby rays brand)
2 tablespoons brown sugar.
Place sauce on top of loaf after the hour is up and bake another 5 min.
Hope you enjoy this as much as me and my hubby did.

No comments:

Post a Comment