Thursday, September 8, 2011

Design Team Home Decor

Hey everyone hope your all having a wonderful week. This week the design team at inking it up crazy was challenged to do a home decor project. I decided to etch a pan. I have seen many videos on how to do this so I decided to finally try it. It was my cousins wedding this last weekend so I thought hey this would be a great wedding gift. I love the way it turned out. The picture is not the best but that was the hardest part getting a picture where you could see it. All you will need for this project is a glass baking dish, vinyl of any color it doesnt matter you will not be leaving it on the pan. You will also need a cricut and etching cream. So what you need to do first is decide what you want the pan to look like. For this pan I put my cousins and her new hubby's names and the date they got married but you can also do pictures like a snow flake for christmas ect. Once you know what you want to do cut it out of your vinyl and place it on your pan. Make sure you dont have any bubbles at least not around the letters. Once it is on the pan apply a nice layer of etching cream on and let it sit for about 30 min. I decided that the longer it sits the better so if you can leave it longer. Once it is done sitting wash off all the cream in the sink. Take off all the vinyl and your done :) It is super easy. Just be very careful not to get this on anything not even your hands. I did mine in the garage to be safe. If you want some help seeing exactly what I did go to youtube and just search glass etching with your cricut. There are a few videos on there. Hope you all enjoy the project. Also we are challenging you to do a home decor project of your own. If you would like to play along head over to inking it up crazy and link your project. Good luck.

4 comments:

  1. This turned out fantastic!!! I'm sure the newlyweds will love their personalized gift =)

    www.shortycreations.com
    fellow IIUC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out very nice. What a great gift idea. Smooches... Felicia[DT]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hailey, Love it...turned out beautifully. I have been putting names and sayings on Wine glasses for friends and they love them. I will have to try the Baking dish. Thanks for the inspiration.
    I have become a follower.

    Have a great Day!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat. At first I thought it was vinyl and I was going to ask you how that stays on when you cook with the pan. But now that I see it's etched on there, that's so cool.

    Jennifer (DT)

    ReplyDelete